Love and marrage, love and marrage, they go together like a horse and carrage. Yes, Married with children is a hell of a show. In case you didn't know, it comes on late nights of FX, officially the randomest channel of the map. It is quite hard to manufacture a Blog post when your day consisted of skipping the 11:00 class and getting a ride from Paul the Taxi-man to the 2:00, where you watched Blade Runner and then walked home, ate at bandito's and played darts till 12. Yeah, thats a big day. In a moment of introspection, I came to the realization that I have begun to resemble Mr. Bundy in my daily routines. I give the same amount of Not-A-Damn at work, I have the same terribly lazy activity level afterwards, and that one hand in the pants pose is suprisingly comfortable. Things that I'm looking forward to this week/weekend include my two digiorno pizzas, a possible visit from Jenny, my sister, and perhaps the festivities in raliegh of Erik Mizerak's 21'st bday (sparta people gotta celebrate their own). Baby carrots are also quite the positive. Let us take some time to reflect on serious matters: Blade Runner is a good movie. Today, some asshole said "this movie sucked." FUCK that kid. Maybe there are some really weird parts, and some symbolism that is a little over the top. And yes, it does rain every day, because it is a modern interpretation of FILM NOIR! Film Noir=rainy, dark, grimy movies. Another serious statement, let us have a discussion, straight from Phil 42, as to why the logic of cultural relativism breaks down in the real world. Relativism basically states that every culture determines its own concepts of moral right and wrong, and there is no universal moral truth. The basic assumptions are that we should not impose our moralistic views on other cultures, and that each culture should be allowed to develop its own views. If this moral term is bothering you, you can subsitute Human Rights, or some other term that satisfies the idea of a universal human ideal. This is one of the more prevalent arguments of laymen and some philosphers, but not many, because of its inherent weaknesses, which we will now discuss. In practice, this "Live and let live" approach gives us the danger of a certain kind of society exploiting the two main weaknesses. A good example would be the Nazi regime, where a society embraces its own superiority and authoritarianism, and has expansionistic tendancies. Now they would be obviously a problem, but in line with relativisim, they are entitled to their position, and no action should be taken. Yet we can see that this is a problem, and to sit back and allow Hitler to rise to power would be mighty foolish in a modern setting. Yet this is exactly what we argue when we argue for Cultural Relativism. Yes, I am writing a paper on it, and yes, you are my practice. I grow weary of watching paul play away on GTA, so I belive it is time to wrap this one up. If I bore you, let me know, because I will do my best to Kick it up a notch. I work in the morning as well, Oh JOY. Gives me a chance to drink these damn redbulls in the fridge, and get really wild on the 9:05 A bus. Yessss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment