Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Fuck those student stores fuckers

There are things about the student stores that I enjoy: it is perhaps the only location on campus that still sells Diet Coke, they have various types of Combos (one of the more perfect snacks made), any carolina shirt you could ever want, well, they have it. The enjoyment comes to an end right about the time you take that merchandise to the register, and encounter the 100% bastards that stand behind the counter. Yeah, they are bastards. Sorry if your friend (or lover, or whatever) works there, but they suck. I figured this out during the lovely summer session, as my coworker edmond and I continued my year-long tradition of visiting the "diet coke store" in the heat of the midday, after bringing in the goddamn pit tables (fuck the student groups too, who really needs more krispy kreme donuts?). This was our one little break from the shitheads that inhabit the management structure of the Union; obviously, I enjoyed it. Usually, a nice older dude runs the "pit stop", the part of the Student stores that is primarily concerned with selling snacks and drinks; the summertime has brought this trend to an end. Now, the outside door is usually closed, and we are forced to visit the assheads at the main counter. 1st visit: Edmond gets XXL and Dub, I get a diet coke and combos. We proceed to the register, where the dude leads off with "whoa, union guys, whats up at the Union??", like being paid by state of North Carolina made us friends and fellow coworkers. "Slow day at the Union? Do they just let you guys do whatever?" No, you dumbass, they actually let us out to eat every once in a while. "Hey, nice uniforms, you guys partners? Hey, do they really make you guys wear flair?" No, they don't like the buttons on my uniform, precisely why I still wear all 6 of them, fucker. "Hey, you ever see that movie Office Space, where they had to wear flair?" GODDAMN YES, WHO HASN'T. Instead of the graphic responses, I gave deadpan "yea" or "nah", making it obvious I was not interested in conversation. Edmond was already standing at the door, obviously we weren't tryin to hang out. After this visit, a few days passed without me working, but again, we found ourselves visiting the store (you expect me to drink Diet Pepsi all day?). Again, same stupid fucks working the counter. And as soon as we roll in, "Hey, Union guys again. You guys takin a break?" We were sweating from bringing in 13 pit tables in the damn 95 degree heat; obviously, we were taking a break. Then, the questioning preceded almost VERBATIM from the first episode. Hmm, imagine our suprise. When the guy asked if the flair meant I was higher ranking, I almost popped the fucker in the head with my DC (if it had been Diet Pepsi, game over). It's been decided that never again will we visit the Diet Coke store unless the pit stop part is open; I'm pretty sure fighting on the job will get us fired from the Union (not that Edmond would care, he goes to A&T, but some of us need shit jobs because we don't have the ambition to get better ones). If you go to the Stores, besides going to get fucked over on books (another reason to hate them), make sure to tell them to go to hell, courtesy of Union Operations.

No comments: