Yes, I realize how bad this title sounds. And no, I don't suddenly hate the University of the People. But, like a married couple with a few years under their belt, I think that I can recognize a few traits in my partner that rub me the wrong way without calling off the entire relationship.
Obviously, I love UNC, but in my 4 years here, I have picked up on a few less-than-ideal traits. Here are a few of my best(worst?):
10. "Pepsi for Coke"- When I was a freshman, coke machines flourished in their natural habitat, the basement of dorms. Coca-Cola is still present at all sporting events, and evidently is quite a sponsor of our athletics. But the dorm basements, fountains of lenior, and student union? You stand a better chance of finding a Carolina fan in Cameron Indoor than a Diet coke in a UNC drink machine. Ridiculous.
9. "Campus Mail"- I once recieved a package of cookies for my birthday from my parents. My birthday is Nov. 27th. The package arrived in January. I believe this is reason enough to hate the Campus Mail system.
8. "The PR lot"- Hey guys, instead of building enough parking decks on campus for all the students that want a space, let's just pick a random wooded area, say, 2 miles off campus, and put a big gated parking lot there! We can have this really slow bus (NU) run there on an unpredictable schedule. Maybe we'll even put a security guard in a little booth, to give the apperance of security. Sounds like an awesome plan for Undergrad parking. They have plenty of time, they won't mind wasting 2 hours a day just getting their cars! (see also: lack of parking, #2)
7. "ONYEN password"- ATTENTION UNC STUDENT: Your ONYEN password is set to expire in 7 days. You cannot change your password back to an old password. You Must Use numbers, letters, and a special character. You must change this password every 3 months. And if you should let it expire, well, you better have the time to come have it reset. How do you expect to set your computer to remeber passwords when they change every 3 months? After a never-ending stream of Carolina#1, #1Carolina, Carolina@1, (sorry, none of these are actually my password these days) I long for the days of the 6 character passwords of the simpler days.
Next time, reasons 4 through 6 of my senior-year diatribe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment