Saturday, May 06, 2006

final

It's not finals because I only had one. One and done, I guess you could say. The contrast of my final exam with the rest of my examination lifestyle is shocking. As opposed to good clothes and a solid breakfast, I wore mesh shorts and had a banana. Instead of studying all night, I went to bed at 2am and had not finished 2 of the 4 books on the test. And up till about 15 min before it began, I was debating skipping this administration for the next one, a week later. And how did all this turn out? Well, on an exam of 5 questions, I somehow decided that 1 might be optional. Thinking this was optional, I obviously did not do it. And obviously again, this was a retarded mistake. Luckily for me, Linda Wagner-Martin is a badass. When emailed to ask if I had missed a question, her first reply was that she hadn't even unpacked them yet; then, the confirmation email that I had in fact ignored an entire question. At this point, many professors would give me some partial credit scheme, or another prompt, something to make up the slack. Good old L-WM gives me the exact copy, an empty office, and an entire day to do the question. That, folks, is a perk of being a senior.

No comments: