5. "The Swim Test"- Yes I realize the relative ease of the required Swim Test. Yes, I am confident that I can pass it. But, why should this University require successful completion in order to receive a Degree? How in the world can swimming make you a better Lawyer, Doctor, or Teacher? I'm sure that everyone will now remind me that it's a good thing to have well-rounded students; ones that will not come to an untimely death while riding a paddleboat, or falling off a fishing pier. However, for those of us who never learned the art of swimming, why should we now be forced by our "University of the People" into that irrational and unnatural act? Sadly, instead of going as a bright-eyed freshman and waiting enthusiastically in line, I am forced to struggle to find my oldass pair of swimming trunks that have not been used since a previous spring break (used, as in worn to drink in the pool, not Olympic swimming pool laps) and pray that I don't drown from some sort of hangover-inactivity combination. Thank you, Carolina. And perhaps the most infuriating development: Incoming freshmen no longer are required to take the test. So the University has seen the error of its ways. Yet, I am still required to take the swim test to graduate? What a fucktabulously ridiculous situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment