Yeah, I'm retarded for saying it, but I kinda love finals. People moan and bitch about finals more than just about anything else, but let's be honest with ourselves, there are worse things to be doing. Tonight I'm reading shakespeare plays I should have read 2 months ago, and listening to a huge list of country music that I should have started at the beginning of the class quite a few weeks ago. And I am stressed, drinking too much Diet Coke, and well on my way to smoking both of the buy-one-get-one-free Parliament's I bought at run in jim's today. But I could be digging ditches, painting houses, working in a factory, sweeping floors, or any other shitass job that doesn't promise to help me get to a better tommorow. Suffering of this kind isn't quite as bitter when you stop to think you're doing it for something worthwhile; and don't give me the bullshit about not getting a job, you'll all get jobs somewhere better than wal-mart. So let's try to have a few less pity-me away messages, and get a little more excited about what we're doing here; plus, once finals are over, we can all go get really fuckin wasted. That should perk you up if the damn positive goals don't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment