Sunday, May 01, 2005
Maybe...I'm a Nerd
But, I find it amazingly fun to read Chris's geography papers when drinking and point out mistakes and awkwardness of grammar. It sounds assholish, but hey, everyone thinks I'm an asshole anyway. I also like to have discussions of Supreme Court cases with Dan Findlay, and alcohol inhances this process as well. It seems that thinking just goes better when drinking, and the inhibitions towards honest discussion are reduced considerably. Also, I am a nerd for being excited to return to my once and future 2nd home, Davis library. As you may remeber, last semester I spent an epic week crafting a 35 pg paper on the 1966 civil rights act for the great one, Prof. Terry Sullivan. Here we are, a semester later, and I will be crafting a 12-14 pager on House rules of order for the same man. Is this crazy? Perhaps you would think so, but let me explain further; Do the research, don't use the to be verb (easier than you think), don't string together prepositional phrases, and you have what will likely be an A. Not just an A on the paper; an A overall in the class. Not to mention he is perhaps the most adept professor at incorporating profanity into his lectures I have ever seen. And once you take on a mountain like that, you realize you can deal with just about any bullshit paper thrown your way. It is also great to go to davis and illegally download music with myTunes, drink about 10 diet cokes, and generally neglect all the necessary nutritional requirements for your body to function. But I do not take it to extremes as some of the "supernerds" do. Obviously, if I did, I would have the paper and all the readings for my other exams completed, and would simply be reviewing. It is a strange and difficult lifestyle we procrastinators live; however, we watch a hell of alot more MTV and Comedy Central than you normals, and also get a good deal of AIM time in too. Just imagine the productivity that would occur if all the procrastinators went at it as hard as they do the night before, only 2 months in advance; the world would never be the same. Don't hit the snooze bar, and don't go to the Union. That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment