This post is dedicated to the memory of Smokey, our dog that got ran over yesterday when he ran under the wheels of the cattle trailer. Personally I feel shitty about it, because not only was he a cool dog, he was still a puppy. He was lazy and somewhat chubby, but had a very cool disposition that you don't see often in dogs. Guess that’s how shit goes.
On a critical note, what the hell happened in Raleigh? This snow episode is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have heard about, ever. 1 inch of snow, that was it. True, it was cold as fuckdamn, but 1000 accidents? Easley declaring a state of emergency? Come on. All it takes is some salt and smart driving. To be fair, I bet there are days in the middle of summer when the traffic is just as bad, because 40 around 5:00 PM might be the purest form of hell I have ever known. What might be even worse than the actual situation is the reaction of the journalists and newspeople on TV. This has reached epic natural disaster proportions, and it was only 1 INCH! Seems like they would have some sort of plan for dealing with snow in the Triangle, since it has become obvious we are not immune to winter weather even if we did have 70-degree days in January.
Personally, I am a snow fan, and I would love to see it grind to a stop around here more often, but since UNC does not believe in canceling classes, that is going to be a cold day in hell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment