Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I like chicken salad

TWO CUPS OF COFFEE ARE LIKE A KICK TO YOUR FACE! RIGHT IN THE FUCKING FACE! Tonight the desk had some small finger sandwhiches, which I found to be excellent. They reminded me of how much I like good chicken salad. Man, that stuff is really good. Put some chicken salad, (the cheap, mushy chicken salad, not the chunky legitmate kind they serve in resturants) on some good wheat bread, and throw some french fries in there, oh man, thats a quality meal. I worked at Roaring Gap for a few years, in the kitchen doing random shit jobs like dishwashing and running the flatop at the lake grill, making burgers and chicken breasts and random other unhealthy foods. In all this time, I was constantly in contact with the fine chicken salad prepared by Bill Wehr, the golf grill chef and all around badass. It could not hold a candle next to the mushy, day old chicken salad sandwhiches prepared at the Prostop BP station located outside the club, which were wrapped in clingwrap and sold for like a dollar. Pair that shit up with some cheerwine, and you have a prime summer meal. Bill gave me hell about this, and everyone knew my preference for the cheap stuff. A running joke was to yell to customers as they were walking up "The Prostop has great sandwhiches!" to discourage their frequenting the Grill. Did this work? Hell no, are members of a private club going to eat at a gas station? I also loved to eat french fries dipped in our Honey Mustard. If you have never tried this with good, thick honey mustard, I strongly encourage it. In order for the Honey Mustard to be good, it must be made of a base of mayonaise, providing a very high calorie and fat count to begin with. Add fresh fries with a shitload of the good salt, and you have a tasty snack guaranteed to add pounds in no time. This is why I constantly smoked cigarettes and drank Diet Coke, in case you are wondering how I kept my youthful figure. Yeah right, I gained like 15 lbs. Ahh the stories from that job, they would make a whole new blog, or perhaps more material when I feel like rambling. Today I got up at 1:00 PM, skipping my first class. I had a Hotpocket for breakfast, turkey broccoli and cheddar, to get the day started right. I guilt-tripped Paul into driving me to school, went to my movie class and watched a movie, got out, ate at cosmic, and walked home. Quite the tough day. At work, I did nothing except eat the sandwhiches, and erase the ENTIRE DAY'S SHIFT REPORT. Quite the smoothness on my part. I realized that in addition to being a nice table on our balcony, we can also use the lonely remaining keg for a trash compactor, so we can fit more trash in the black trashcan, thereby reducing the number of shitty trips to the dumpsters we have to make. A keg can really be a useful addition to your home, performing many different household roles, and generally making work easier and more enjoyable for you. It also is useful in those nighttime situations where you might want to provide 30 or so of your friends with a nice solo cup of beer. Just be sure to be careful as to the level of Thump you have involved in the equation. Thump can quickly lead to the end of a otherwise positive experience. A female cop will come to your place of residence, complain about the level of Thump, and let you know you could be arrested if you do not take steps to lower said Thump. There are pennies on the couch. My shoes are on the coffee table. I still taste the alpine brew, ugh, it will be the death of me. Have a good Tuesday, I sleep till 11.

1 comment:

dantheheel said...

so now they provide an ad for chicken salad, huh....google's pretty fucking amazing and at the same time scary