Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Bacon
So I don't know how you feel about the eating of pig, the wonderfully fat, ugly, dirty animal that gives us such wonderful products as bacon, baby back ribs, sausage, and pork rinds. Perhaps you are like Samuel L. in Pulp Fiction; You don't want anything to do with the filthy animal. Or perhaps you are like Mr. Travola in the same film; You love it cause it tastes GOOOOOOD! (and damn, it sure does) Personally, I'm no fan of pigs. They smell like all kinds of hell, make a mess, and aren't really that friendly. Let's be real, cows are 10 times fucking cooler, and chickens are birds so who gives a shit about them. BUUUUT, I like my ribs and I like my bacon and I like my pork rinds every now and again. Now, with this said, and with what yall know about me and my eating habits, you know I am no where near a vegetarian; but today I tried some of this Morningstar "bacon". I say "bacon" because obviously it contains no pork (100% vegetarian), which I viewed with skepticism. Upon further inspection, the outward apperance of the strips did not do anything to dispell my uncertainty, but after a few minutes in the microwave, the smell was inviting. So, with much trepidation, I took a bite. And damn, it was actually good. Like, I would eat it more. And I'm pretty damn glad they are finally making decient food with no cholesterol, cause let's be honest, in the back of every dudes head is that little concern about heart disease (we ain't kids anymore, haha). So yes, I ate vegetarian food and liked it. Maybe I'm turning into a college-hippy-pussy-nutjob, but in my defense, there's still quite a few pounds of frozen beef in the fridge. And oh yeah, I haven't seen vegetarian baby backs around (and I definately won't be trying them if they exist.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment