Thursday, July 07, 2005

What about wal-mart?

So I took a week off from blogging. Sorry, geez, didn't realize people expected output from me on the week of the 4th of july, so I shut down like Jessie's barber shop for the whole damn week (it's in independence, a town that is remarkably smaller than Sparta). Anyway, yes, I had fun on the trip to S-town. Most of you will never know the simple joy of floating down the wideass, shallow New River (they claim it's the second oldest river in the world, but really, who the hell knows that?) with a "New River mix pack" (PBR, Budweiser, Yuengling) 1 pack of cigarettes, 1 quart jar of strawberry moonshine, and two other members of the elite alleghany high class of 2002. Letting my fat whiteness burn in the sunshine while constantly ramming rocks with my co-canoer patrick was the perfect "get away from it all" experience. Most of you will probably also never realize just how entertaining it can be to go to Wal-mart and buy clothing, especially the tackiest pair of swimming trunks you can find, because they were rolled back to 11 american dollars. I now want to talk about something very exciting to me, something I have anticipated for quite a while; The Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell. Yes, I finally had one, in the company of mr. Andy McMillian, (who also happens to occupy my old job at Roaring Gap Lake Grill, a proud line of Sparta men cooking) and I have to say, I'm a fan of the new portable. I went to a party at my neighbor's house, and drank beer with my old elementry school wrestling coach (he's not really that old, it was just funny), and various other sparta notables, while letting my neighbor justin know that my dad did not appreciate his dog jake digging bigass holes in our yard and fucking up our garden hose; this progressed into a general imitation of my dad's various mannerisms, since almost EVERY person at the gathering had been taught in 7th grade by my dad. I also attended a party at the old workplace, where 24oz-ers were the norm and shots of Courvoisier (god, what a waste of money) were taken, like we were high rollers (haha). Finally, by the end of the trip, I was able to even out the sunburn on my left arm from driving home with sunburn on the rest of my body from floating down the river; I'm now a happily pealing mess of dead skin flakes in a crab-red hue. But you take what Sparta gives you, and I can't really complain this time.

No comments: