So perhaps I missed the point where all of life's various and sundry philosophies were reduced to a single, sad and simple-minded view, best expressed as "Today has Sucked." It seems that everyone has subscribed to the new view of awfulness. I grow weary of reading sad and pity-starved away messages, stupid song quotes, poem quotes, movie quotes, all designed to illicit sympathy. I bet if you really thought about your day, and about all the things that happened to you, in a legitmately objective fashion, you would find you ended up at least even, if not a little higher. Really, any day you walk away from, you probably did alright in. This isn't saying that some days don't truly SUCK, but if you approach each day with the intention of tallying the negatives and discounting the positives, well, you're fucked. I personally subscribe to the today has sucked school in certain situations, but it's tough to always fight it off. My only point in this entire post is this, if you don't at least try to find something good about your day, you will be sure to think it sucked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
this is probably rightly directed at me.
The weird thing is, I often give off vibes of life suckiness, when I don't actually believe it myself. Self-pity or some shit -- I don't know. But I really do appreciate the small things every day, I just forget to blog about them like you do -- and fuck, I'm in college so shit can never be THAT bad.
But Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are still prima facie shitty...
Post a Comment