Saturday, May 28, 2005
The cigarette girl
FIRST, a little background for those of you who do not frequent bars, and do not smoke cigarettes at those bars. Camel has one of the more interesting marketing techniques; they hand out free cigarettes, scan your id, send you junkmail coupons, etc. The people responsible for carrying out this are seemingly college age kids with massive black packs full of camel goodness (or evil, depending on your opinion of smoking.) Tuesday night, I succombed to the offer of free cigarettes at He's not; the girl noticed my address (700 bolinwood dr.) and recognized it as stratford hills, where she used to live. A short conversation ensued, Stuart made an under-his-breath comment about her large, asian titties (he was drunk, don't hold it against him), and we walked off. Skip ahead to friday: chris, grant and I are at goldies, in a high state of inebriation and who should we see but the free cigarette girl. Out on the patio she offered us some more, and suprisingly, she remebered chris and I from Tuesday night. A conversation ensued; turns out, this cigarette girl was an interesting character. Not only does she not smoke, but after a little conversation, she began to encourage us to stop smoking as well. She was a graduate of UNC, and intended to be a Physician's assistant; seems like a bit of hypocracy to give out free cigarettes while objecting to the use of them. I guess its like the stripper paying her way through college cliche. Regardless, I put the free camel lights to good use, as I made one box the 21st birthday present of Lindsay from the desk at the union, who was celebrating with her fellow 21 year old Desk employee Abby. Top O, what a place. Speaking of, the night before I finally made it to the bar with Karmen, something that had proved impossible up to this point, despite our both being of age for quite some time. Is it a bad omen that this only occurs the week before we both have to take the LSAT? Perhaps. But maybe, just maybe, its a good sign.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment